Affiliated to

The British Heart Foundation

 

Patron:

Dr. D. Fluck

BSc. MD. FRCP

Registered Charity Number 1125972

Upcoming Events

Note: Events begin at 7.30 in the T S Dianthus, Sea Cadets Centre (Goldsworth Park, Woking) unless otherwise stated and there will be a £1 entrance fee to the meeting which includes a cup of coffee. Directions are at the bottom of this page (please scroll down).

****************************************************************************

2018

Upcoming Events and Future Speakers for 2018

Thursday 1st March 2018

Annual General Meeting

This will be our Annual General Meeting and an opportunity to hear about our group's activities and achievements over the past 12 months. You will also get to elect your new committee. There will be at least one position needing to be filled, and more members would also be very wlecome, so please give some thought to putting your name forward. Light refreshments will be served.

 

Thursday 5th April 2018

Owen Durrett - History of the Magistracy

This month's speaker will be Owen Durrett., who will speak about the history of the magistracy and its current organisation and work, based on his own expreience. For example, did you know that all criminal cases start in the Magistrates Court, which deals with 95% of them, leaving only 5% to go on to Crown Court? A fasicinating insight into our legal system.

 

Thursday 3rd May 2018

David Rose - Woking in the 50's and 60's

David Rose is a local historian and writer who regularly gives illustrated talks on topics based around the local area, and also writes a weekly column "Peeps into the Past", in the Woking News & Mail. The subject of his talk will Woking in the 50's and 60's, with vintage views of how it used to look and pictures of the old town being demolished.

 

Thursday 7th June 2018

Vic Laws - Hospitality & Catering

Vic Laws' whole proffesional life has been spent in the hospitality and catering field. He is now involved with "The Clink", an award winning restaurant chain operated within HM Prisions which trains prisoners to be chefs and waiters and has a phenomenal success rate in preventing re-offending. Vic also happens to be a member of Bravehearts!

 

****************************************************************************

Directions: Click Here for PDF leaflet of our new venue - SatNav use postcode GU2I 3RT

Click on image to view fullsize image

 

Note: If you wish to view any of the Adobe PDF files above, you can simply install the free software below - the software is provided by Adobe absolutely free of charge:

.

Free download available for Adobe Reader

click on image below:

 

 

 

Comments or Feedback welcome by contacting the Webmaster

Click on this image to download free Adobe reader